Interested in joining our team?
Do you want to work with businesses and their employees to support employee health and productivity?
Gowan Consulting is a leading Occupational Therapy organization that focuses on workplace health and productivity. Our mission is to collaborate with workplace stakeholders to provide customized solutions that lead to sustainable stay-at-work or return-to-work. We are always looking for talented Occupational Therapists who have a passion for and experience in assessing and treating employees with a goal of stay-at-work and return-to-work. Gowan operates on a sub-contract model, providing maximum flexibility to Occupational Therapists who wish to operate in a private practice capacity.
Occupational Therapist - Full-time, Part-Time, Subcontractor
What we offer you:
- We work with Canada’s top national and local employers and their employees.
- You will be part of a distinguished National Occupational Therapy organization with therapists located throughout each province.
- You will work in an environment where employers understand and support the work you do.
- You will receive competitive remuneration.
- You will have variety in the form of challenging employee and employer work situations where you can be instrumental in developing ergonomic solutions, planning and implementing mental health reactivation programming, completing cognitive assessments, return-to-work planning, and developing work accommodation solutions.
- You will have opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge through the work you will do and through access to our public training programs.
- As a member of our team of Occupational Therapists, you will have access to newsletters, webinars, report templates, practice guidelines, clinical support, onboarding and mentoring, and group psychotherapy supervision.
- You will have the support of a team of administrative professionals assisting you in your reporting and referral management.
- Our team of clinical leads and Director of OT will work with you to allow you to do what you do well with active mentorship.
- You will work from your home office and assess and treat clients in their homes, communities, and workplaces.
- We provide a secure case management system for all your documentation needs.
- You will use virtual technology where preferred and travel to new and different workplaces.
What you offer us:
- You enjoy working with employers to facilitate sustainable stay-at-work and return-to-work solutions.
- You understand the importance of work and productivity to individual health and business success.
- You are a self-starter and thrive in an autonomous work environment.
- You think critically and have well developed problem-solving skills.
- You are great with people and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have capacity to accept referrals within Gowan specified turnaround times for assessment scheduling and report completion.
- You want to work with an electronic database file management system that allows you to communicate with clients and keep secure records online (anywhere, anytime).
- You have access to a secure and confidential work environment and technology to protect the privacy of our clients.
- You are registered in good standing with your College of Occupational Therapy.
- You have expertise and interest in ergonomics, workplace accommodation, return-to-work, and/or mental health.
- Preference will be given to those with additional training and competence such as ergonomics, PGAP, BrainFX Certification, CBT, DBT, Motivational Interviewing, ACT, and Exposure Therapy.
- Travel to client locations is required.
All therapists are expected to follow Gowan Health's and our client's COVID 19 protocols.
We look forward to receiving your application to [email protected]Join Our Roster