Interested in joining our team?
Gowan Consulting is a Canadian-owned, national organization with a network of Occupational Therapists located in each province. We provide in-person and virtual services nationally and training and consultation internationally. We are proud to be certified by WBE Canada as a Women’s Business Enterprise. We work today as we always have, with companies that care about their employees’ well-being. Our mission is to collaborate with workplace stakeholders to provide customized solutions that lead to sustainable stay-at-work or return-to-work.
Currently searching for: Bilingual Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the daily operations of the organization. The role will involve a variety of tasks assigned by the CEO and members of the executive team. The Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for supporting French communications within the organization, including customer support and report editing. Daily task list will fluctuate but the overall goal is to ensure that day to day tasks, communications, and projects are well managed to support the organization in accomplishing the strategic operations.
- Assist with calendar and email management, including scheduling meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements.
- Support coordination of events externally (ie. training and meetings) and internally (team meetings and team building events)
- Coordinate and prepare materials for meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the CEO and internal/external stakeholders, demonstrating professionalism and discretion at all times.
- Conduct research and compile data to support the CEO in making informed business decisions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of company policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and standards.
- Draft and edit correspondence, reports, presentations, and other documents on behalf of the CEO and executive team, maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring timely completion and adherence to deadlines.
- Compiling agendas, ensuring all prework completed by participants at meetings, documentation of meetings and action items distributed to attendees.
- File and manage emails, documents and resources with high organizational skills.
- Provide administrative support to the executive team as needed, fostering a collaborative and efficient work environment. Assist with projects and tasks as assigned by the other members of the executive team.
- Editing French reports as required.
- Communicating with customers in French as required.
- Manage confidential information with the utmost discretion and integrity.
- Work collaboratively with the office team, customers, and subcontractors
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an executive assistant or administrative role, preferably in a healthcare or HR setting.
- Proven experience supporting executives with a track record of successful project management and administrative support.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders.
- Proven problem-solving abilities and the capacity to make independent decisions when necessary.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in all tasks.
- Proficiency in using various software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and project management tools.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality in all interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative and assist with alignment of CEO tasks with core organizational priorities
- Professional communication, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate professionally with key business stakeholders internally and externally
- Bilingual (French); required
- Timely and accurate management of the executives schedule and commitments.
- Successful coordination of meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Efficient and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with industry regulations.
- Accuracy of completed reports.
- Up to 8 hours sitting and using office equipment / computers
- High level of human interaction; Gowan’s customers, clients, Occupational Therapist(s), and subcontractors
- Some lifting of materials and supplies
Contact Monique Lunn directly at [email protected] for any questions or to apply.
Do you want to work in an environment where you are professionally challenged, clinically supported, and encouraged to grow? Do you want to work with businesses and their employees to support employee health and productivity? Do you want to work with fellow OTs who love what they do?
We are always looking for talented Occupational Therapists who have a passion for and experience in assessing and treating employees with a goal of stay-at-work and return-to-work. Gowan operates on a sub-contract model, providing maximum flexibility to Occupational Therapists who wish to operate in a private practice capacity. As our business grows, we are also looking to fill full-time positions.
Currently searching for: Full Time Occupational Therapist - Ottawa/Gatineau
We have an immediate opening for a bilingual Occupational Therapist in the Ottawa/Gatineau area on a full time, permanent basis.
What we offer you:
Administrative Support: You will have the support of a team of administrative professionals assisting you in your reporting and referral management. This allows you to do what you do best!
Active Clinical Mentorship: Our team of clinical leads and Director of OT will work with you as needed to build skills to work with a variety of populations in a variety of work environments.
Flexibility: You will work from your home office and assess and treat clients in their homes, communities, and workplaces. You will also use virtual technology as required or preferred.
Variety: You will have the opportunity work with a varied clinical caseload and the opportunity to get involved in training and leadership activities.
Case Management System: We provide a secure case management system for all your documentation needs. This system meets the requirements of your regulatory body.
Tools: We will provide you with required equipment: computer, mobile phone, ergonomic office tools. You will have access to assessment tools and a database of clinical resources to use with clients.
Salary and Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and benefits program which includes long term disability and a healthcare spending account. As well we provide you with an annual budget towards professional development and training and to all our internal training materials.
What you offer us:
- You enjoy working with employers to facilitate sustainable stay-at-work and return-to-work solutions.
- You understand the importance of work and productivity to individual health and business success.
- You are a self-starter and thrive in an autonomous work environment.
- You think critically and have well developed problem-solving skills.
- You are great with people and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have access to a secure and confidential work environment and technology to protect the privacy of our clients.
- You have expertise and interest in ergonomics, workplace accommodation, return-to-work, and/or mental health.
- You have interest in clinical work, training and some marketing
- Preference will be given to those with additional training and competence such as ergonomics, PGAP, CBT, DBT, Motivational Interviewing, ACT, and Exposure Therapy.
- The ability to work fully in both English and French
- The ability to travel to employee and client locations and periodically to other locations
- You are registered and in good standing with College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- You are eligible for registration with the Ordre des ergothérapeutes du Québec. We will support you to obtain this registration.
- You will work with our electronic file management system which will allow you to communicate with clients and keep secure records online (anywhere, anytime).
We work with our customers, their employees, and our therapists to provide a safe work environment for all.